Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day

Hi everyone.
Happy Memorial day to everyone here in the USA, I hope you have all had a good weekend!
I have actually had a really great weekend, and am just in the best mood. 
In any case I want to talk a little about Memorial day. Last night I watched the PBS Memorial day concert and it was nice and patriotic and it made me realize something, a lot of people use the long weekend as nothing more then an excuse to party, get drunk, and eat to much. Not saying those are bad ways to spend it, I spent the weekend doing fun things, and that's a good thing for anyone to do. But I also feel like a lot of people have forgotten why we have this holiday. We have it to remember those who have given their life's for our country, for out freedom. You may or may not support the war, or what's happening in Washington, but that doesn't really matter because I think most of us can agree that we support our troops. 
Many of my family members have served or are currently serve, and I'm pretty sure most of you know at least one person who is or has been in the military. 
So please today take a few minutes and remember those who lost their life's for us. In every war from the Revolutionary War on, people lost their life's so we could have what we have today. 
If you can thank a Veteran or a current member of the military for their service.
I know we don't all share the same views on things, nor will we ever, there will be people who hate a post like this, and people who will agree and people who just don't care either way. But me I proudly support our troops. 
And I want to say thank you to all those who have served this country.
I hope you all have a wonderful day!
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, please don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...