Friday, August 30, 2013

What I Wore - Put Another X on the Calendar. Summer's on its Deathbed

Hi everybody,
It isn't even September yet, but boy oh boy does it feel like fall is sinking in up here in Maine! I mean we always have wacky seasons here anyway and it's been said many times that Maine only has two seasons: Winter and the 4th of July. I know people who live in other places can't really understand that, but if you spent a year here you would quickly learn what i mean.
We get about 3 months of nice weather here a year, June, July and August. September is a marginal month it can go either way but usually it rains for a good chunk of it (fingers crossed that it's nice for Pirate Days). By the end of October we usually have had at least a dusting of snow, and it's usually freezing. And by Thanksgiving we typically live in a full blown winter wonderland. Come April it's iffy if the snow will be gone yet, there has been a snow storm on my birthday (April 2nd) almost every year. This last year was a fluke and the second half of April was really nice. May, May's another iffy month, and it's hard to tell exactly what the weather will do for it. But yes it is true that Maine really only has two seasons.
This post was not meant to be a rant about Maine weather, so anyways onto outfit photos!







Shirt, Burlington Coat Factory, Derek heart, 5$ or 6$
Jeans, Thrifted, Fragile, 1$
Shoes, Marden's, Piper & Blue, 2$??
Locket, Thrifted, Vintage, 50 cents
Necklace, Label Shopper, 2$


You might notice the backgrounds a bit different from the last time I took photos on this wall in the living room. We moved the dresser and put this chest there instead. This chest has been around my whole life, it came out of the house my mom was born in. We've always called in "the owl chest" because the hardware has owls on it. It's seen better days, but it is still one of my favorite pieces of furniture in our house.
These are probably the best jeans I have ever thrifted, they fit perfectly. I have trouble finding jeans that sit just right for me because I am very high waisted. Being high waisted gives me a nice hourglass curve, but makes finding pants a bit tricky.
I love lockets, and my collection of them is slowly growing. I'd really like to get one of the really elaborate steampunk kind of style ones, or a fancy antique one, but  have a feeling I'll be on that hunt for awhile. Some day though. Most of my lockets don't have pictures or anything in them, yet that is.
Well anyways I'm rambling so I'm going to go. I may or may not be going away for a couple of days this weekend, those plans are still up in the air, we shall see.
Happy Friday everyone! I hope all of my American friends enjoy the long weekend!
Lexi
  
P.S. Here is the song that the tittle of my post comes from


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, please don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...