Monday, March 11, 2013

Unconventional Picnic

Hi everyone!
The weather this weekend was amazing! It felt so spring like. I just cannot wait for spring, sunny days, new green grass, birds singing, short sleeves, and picnics. Which brings me to this outfit!








                                                   Dress, Thrifted, Vintage, Pendleton, 1$
                                                                    Tights, Marden's, unsure of brand, 4$
                                                                    Shoes, Marden's, unsure of brand, 3$
                                                                    Wicker bracelet, Label Shopper, 2$
                                                                     Brooch, Marden's 50cents.

So is it just me or does this dress remind you of a picnic blanket? Well it does me.The wicker bracelet reminds me of a picnic basket so I had to wear it, and I figured you see dragon flies at picnics. if I owned any green shoes I would have worn those for grass. Like I said this is an unconventional picnic.
The last time I was at marden's I got two really amazing spring/summer dresses. dying to wear them! I wish spring would hurry up and get here! If you haven't noticed by now I am not a huge fan of the cold. I really wasn't made for the cold Maine climate. A warm sandy beach sounds pretty darn good right now.
Anyways back to the outfit I am wearing. This dress, I love it it fits like a glove and is really probably from the 50's, and it was a great price I mean a dollar, and it even came with a belt that I am not wearing in these photos. It's just an amazing dress. The one problem, well like all of my Vintage Pendleton, it is so tremendously itchy! I had to wear a slip under it to keep my skin from going crazy, and even with it I still found it kind of annoying. But I guess for a dress this great I can deal with a bit of annoyance.
Anyways, I was planning on doing a February thrifting haul, but then I realized I didn't really find anything that great. I only got to go to the thrift shop a couple of times, and when I did I didn't find much. And so far March seems to be going the same way. So I figured that at the end of this month I'll combined February and March into one haul post, hopefully I'll have some treasures to show you all by then.
Well I'm going to head off now. Have a great Monday everyone!
Lexi

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, please don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...