Thursday, July 4, 2013

What I Wore - Happy 4th!

Happy Independence Day!
 Today is the day we celebrate America. Personally I like to take a few minutes to think way back to 1776, after all that's when this day gained it's significance. I can only image the feeling that would have been in the air on that day. 
Don't get me wrong I love the parades and fireworks and all the other events of the day, but I really truly enjoy the history of this day, it is pretty amazing if I do say so. 
Anyways here is my outfit for the day!





 Dress, Thrifted, 1$
Shirt, Thrifted, 25 cents
Shoes, Marden's, Material Girl, 2$
Belt, Thrifted, 25 cents
Necklace, Yard Sale, 1$
Bracelet, ???
Poppy, American Legion, 1$
Earrings,  ???

If you can't tell I am a girl who loves a good theme. I may have gone overboard with the photo boarders and such, but hey it was fun! I know this dress also has green and black stripes, but I felt like it was perfect for the 4th. 
I am in love with this dress(I'm in love with most dresses though)! I thrifted it a couple of weeks back and it's great. It's reversible so you get 2 dresses for the price of one, how great is that? The other side has this great  floral pattern in similar colors as the stripes.
Oh and most people don't know this but I love pinwheels! I don't know why I just always have. You know that commercial for car insurance that has the pig in the car saying wee and holding the pinwheels out the window? Yeah I love that commercial, every time I see a pinwheel I have the over powering urge to say wee  haha. I know I'm a bit strange...Okay a lot strange.
I don't think I'll be doing a lot today other then eating some strawberry shortcake and finishing some last minute packing. I'm taking a trip for a few days tomorrow with my family and I am totally over packing. I think I need to dump my bag out and repack it. I just like having clothing options too much!
Anyways I hope all of my American friends out there have a great 4th! 
Here is one last overly edited photo of Ollie. Thank god Ollie's a dog who doesn't care how silly you make his pictures look.

Happy Independence day!
Lexi 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you, please don't be a stranger!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...